Sunday, February 19, 2017

Aloha


Game #84 is up at AAA Clean & Simple Card Challenge, the theme is Watercolor.


Uniko is sponsoring the challenge. Challenge winner will receive their choice of an in-stock stamp set.

Michelle Bala of My Passion For Crafting is Guest Designer. Michelle's work is delightful. You really should treat yourself to a stroll through her gorgeous blog.

Here is my take (using Uniko Paradise and Paradise Leaves stamps):


I inked up this wonderful Toucan with Ranger Jet Black Archival Ink and colored it with Zigs. I used my MISTI to make sure I got full coverage with the ink. At first I thought those lighter spots were not getting the ink so I stamped it many times. Suddenly it dawned on me that those spots are supposed to be there! I painted them with a little dark gray and I love the effect. I wanted my bird to be perched  on something, so I dug out the wonderful Memory Box branch, and added some leaves and a sentiment. I think tropical is a good way to go in February.

Please head on over to the AAA Challenge Blog and see when the Design Team has created for your inspiration, take out your water coloring supplies and play! Remember to keep it Clean & Simple!

I'm playing at:

13 comments:

sandie said...

this is so fun-love his multi coloured beak and fan design x

Preeti D. (aka Dutt Preety) said...

Such a pretty card! :) love it

Jane said...

The Uniko toucan is so much fun to play with and you've done a great job with him sitting on the branch. And the grey you added to the spots give the feathers a very realistic look.

Sazzle Dazzle said...

That toucan is so adorable and fun Stephanie and you've watercoloured him beautifully here. A gorgeous little scene and really made me smile. x

Gerrina said...

Like how you inked the toucan! And then the beautiful scene you put it in; great card! Hugs, Gerrina

Unknown said...

Your toucan is so gorgeous Stephanie ! The colors of his beak are so successful! It looks like a real toucan ! And this tropical branch is also gorgeous ! I love your card ! Thanks for sharing and for inspiring.
Izzy Scrap

Kara Lynne said...

Ah, tropics in the winter is very refreshing! Your toucan is wonderful, I love his beak! What a great idea with the branch and stamping tropical leaves!

cm said...

Alas, wonderful Stephanie, I’ve again fallen soooo behind in commenting (work, travel, "stuff," repeat...), and as much as I deeply want to dive into each missed post and leave love, I’d wind up even further behind (not to mention cluttering up your mailbox *grin*). As it is, you know that *gorgeous, fabulous, amazing, stellar* are my responses to your exponential creativity (need to figure out a new vocabulary…) so please consider those added to your gallery, as of this minute! Right now, focusing on the card in front of me that is…well, see the previous list! Crushing all over your dapper toucan, proudly sitting on his tropical branches and biding us a cheerful Aloha! A trip to an island paradise would be fantastic right now, wouldn't it! I have this very set, yet to ink it up. After seeing your showcase here, I'm inspired to do so! You are one of my most special muses!
Hugs~carol

Coralynn Murray said...

Love the toucan is fabulous. Such a fun card!

Sue said...

Hi Stephanie, this is so pretty. Your toucan is adorable and beautifully coloured.

Joyce said...

Love the bright and bold coloring of your toucan. Your comment about repeated stamping made me chuckle. I have done the same thing.

Jenny Colacicco said...

O my goodness I can just picture you stamping with your MISTI over and over again and wondering why those black bits weren't filling in !! You're right, it really looks great with that effect, like ruffled chest feathers. The beak is stunning, you picked the exact true to life colours for a Toucan and I really like the stamped leaves on the base layer against the dimension of the bird. Absolutely stunning card and you left it so simple as to be super CAS too. Your watercoloring is really coming on in leaps and bounds Stephanie! Jenny x

Trina P. said...

Fun card. Love the image and how you watercoloured the beak.